The O Kalani Outrigger Canoe Center was founded in Alameda, CA, in 1980 and is based out of the Encinal Boat Ramp on the south shore of Alameda Island. We paddle year round and offer opportunities for paddlers of all levels. Whether you are looking to achieve a high level of fitness, raise your game to a competitive level or just want to spend some time on the water, we have a seat for you. Join us for a new kind of adventure on the waters of the San Francisco Bay.
O Kalani Outrigger Canoe Center is a member of the Northern California Outrigger Canoe Association (NCOCA), which in turn is a member of the International Va’a Federation. Our goal is to encourage, maintain and perpetuate outrigger canoe racing.
- About the NCOCA
- NCOCA Race Rules – description of sprint and long distance race structure
- NCOCA Calendar – schedule of races for the year
We participate in the summer sprint race season and a number of long distance races throughout Northern California. O Kalani also fields crews away in competitive long distance races in the Southern California, the Pacific Northwest, Canada, and Hawaii.
O Kalani Outrigger Canoe Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which supports itself through modest membership dues, tax deductible contributions from individuals and fund raising activities in the community.
- Justin BeutelPresidentpresident@okalanioutrigger.org
- Liz Bachman-GrechiVice Presidentvicepresident@okalanioutrigger.org
- Justin MartinezSecretarysecretary@okalanioutrigger.org
- Joseph GapuzTreasurertreasurer@okalanioutrigger.org
- Tim HerringSergreant at Armssergeantatarms@okalanioutrigger.org
- Enav McNeilHead Women’s Coach
- Ben McNeilHead Men’s Coach