On Saturday, May 4, join O Kalani Outrigger and kick off the 2019 NCOCA season with the 2nd Annual Viva Aloha Outrigger Race! Navigate through the challenging currents and wind by Alameda Island and set course to San Francisco. Be prepared for some screaming surf to the finish line! After the races, reconnect with our paddling ohana and enjoy food, drink, and live music in O Kalani’s garden at the Viva Aloha Fiesta. Food trucks will be parked noon to 5.
TBA through NCOCA. Registration deadline May 1st, 11:59 PM PDT. No registration on race day!
- 16 and Under
- 19 and Under – 8-10 Mile to be considered based on interest. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spec Open
- Spec Master 50, 60
- Unlimited Open
- Spec Open
- Spec Master 40, 50, 60
- Unlimited Open, Master 40
- Men, women, and co-ed crews may register for any event.
- Co-ed crews must have at least 3 women.
- Master 40, Master 50, and Master 60 co-ed crews may use the average age of the six paddlers to determine age division. Proof of age will be required and only applies to co-ed crews.
- Awards will be given where 3 or more crews are entered in a division. Events with less than 3 entries will be consolidated with the next lower age division until 3 is achieved.
Race Entry Fee
- $25/person for adult crews
- $10/person for 19 and Under and 16 and Under crews
Schedule of Events
|07:00 AM||Registration open for All Events – O Kalani OCC|
|08:00 AM||Coaches’ and Steerspersons’ Meeting – O Kalani OCC|
|08:45 AM||4 Mile – Short Course|
|10:00 AM||8-10 Mile – Women & Co-Ed|
|12:00 PM||8-10 Mile – Men|
|02:00 PM||Viva Aloha Fiesta After-Party and Raffle|
Courses subject to change on race day depending on conditions.